Habits of successful people
What determines success in life? What determines wherever you become Steve Jobs or Anna Wintour (or whoever your inspirers are)? Easy as it is - success in life depends on our actions.
Just with what we do every day. It's used to think that successful people are simply more gifted or they have had some incredible chance. Or their conditions for the start were much more comfortable. Surprisingly, but in most cases the decisive factor is not the gift received from the genes’ heaven, but our decisions and the consequences they entail.
Psychologists say that more than 40% of our daily activities are habits, which means that it is habits that largely determine our chances for success. What habits should we start to form right now (attention, today!! start something tomorrow is a really bad idea) to achieve your goal? We will learn from those who have already succeeded. Take a piece of paper, pen and note it down:
1. Pretty much all the people with a multi-billion-dollar state agree on one thing: you should start your day as early as possible. With roosters, with the first rays of sun, with the first blow of the wind, with the first bell of the alarm clock, no matter what it is, but it is necessary to wake up early. There are two reasons for that:
- The earlier you wake up, the more time you will have to carry out all the plans made for the day (this is one of the obvious things).
- Then follows the scientific extract. Let's skip the part where I tell that at 4 am the adrenal cortex wakes up, which starts to produce hormones that excite the nervous system, and we'll go straight to the conclusions. In the physical tone of a man, five "rises" - about 5, 11, 16, 20, 24 hours and five "declines" - around 2, 9, 14, 18, 22 hours. Hence, it is preferable to start the working day at 5-6 am, and go to bed - about 9 o’clock in the evening. Now once and forever forget that you are "actually an owl" and update your alarm.
2. You need to set goals. Make it a rule for yourself. You must clearly understand where you are going at the moment and, based on this, take daily decisions. It is important to follow certain rules. Goals such as "I want everything to be good", "I want to be rich", "I want to be happy" - are not goals at all.
The goal should be specific. Determine what is "good" for you, how much you need to earn so that you can rank yourself among the rich, what do you mean by saying “happiness”. Find the units of measure for your purpose, by which you can understand whether you have achieved it or not.
Set high goals. Do you remember the dialogue from the movie "Courier"?
- Listen, Bazin, do you have a dream?
- What dream?
- Well, what do you dream about in life?
- I have a dream - to buy a coat.
-What kind of dream is this…
- Winter is coming, but I’ve got nothing to wear. Wore a jacket last winter- was sick all the time.
-Cannot your parents buy you a coat?
-Yeah, they'll buy it. The father pays alimony and the mother does not give me a penny. She thinks that I don't need the money.
-Well, get up.
- What for?
- I told you to get up. (Gives his coat) Wear it.
- Are you foolish?
- I still will be in the army soon. Wear it and dream about something great.
Have you come up with a goal? Now try to multiply it by 10. Isn’t it impressive? It's worth to strive for, otherwise what's the point?
“Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you'll land among the stars”
• Limit yourself in time. Set the DDL to which your goal is to be achieved. Remembering that you don't have an infinite amount of time to accomplish what you have planned, you will be much more efficient in moving in the right direction.
3. Learn! The CEO of the largest corporations read about 60 books a year. The average person- about 4. The days when you did the homework under whiplash, which was demanded by the school or university are gone. Now you are learning only for yourself. Improve in your what you are doing every day, allocate a certain amount of time for this in your schedule and add to the daily routine. Let studying become for you the same natural habit as brushing your teeth.
4. Develop a habit to bring everything started to the end. Of course, each of us at some point feels the lack of motivation and desire to continue. Get over yourself, keep going to your goal and after a while your enthusiasm will return, and you will be grateful to yourself for finding the strength to do what was needed at the right moment.
5. Form the right environment. It’s up to you to decide what is "right" for you. Communicate with people who motivate and inspire you, and with those you can learn something from.
6. Exercise! Firstly, it will help you to get distracted from your worries, and then after that to get down to business with a fresh head. Secondly, regular training contributes to the transformation of your figure, and it has been scientifically proven that a beautiful body has never hurt anybody.
7. Do only what you are passionate about. Only in this case you can completely surrender to the cause. Periodically look around and think, are you where you want to be, and have the courage to correct the course.
“When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: 'If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right.' It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”- from the speech of Steve Jobs to the graduates of Stanford University.
8. Be confident in yourself. This is the simplest and most complicated thing at the same time. On the one hand, it does not require you any effort, you do not have to force yourself to squat, sweating afterwards. On the other hand, confidence is something that can only be achieved by daily work on yourself. Do not be shy to remind yourself of how good you are and what you have already achieved. Find what to praise yourself for. Every day before going to bed, as a mantra "I was good today because ......".
Look at the calendar. Remember the date. It is from now on your path to success begins.